Intellectual Property - 2021: A Year in Review
Following the recent changes in trade mark law and the continued clarification of both copyright and design law at both UK and EU level, keeping up with the current thinking across all branches of intellectual property can feel like a full time job.
Recent years have seen an exceptional number of IP cases reaching the highest courts.
And being aware of the latest developments is precisely what clients require from their advisers.
Understanding the extent to which post-Brexit CJEU decisions affect the legal position in the UK is also key, especially for businesses trading on both sides of the Channel.
Developments in intellectual property have an ongoing effect on businesses in all industries, causing commercial lawyers in any practice area to need a grasp of IP issues.
This new virtual classroom seminar will pick out and reviews the most significant EU and UK IP decisions of the last twelve months.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Copyright online: communicating to the public without tears
- Brands and good business practice: good faith, distinctiveness and website targeting
- FRAND: the UK courts’ role in global technology licensing
- Informed users and overall impressions: the status of product design protection
- Trade secrets in the courts and around the world
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.