Insolvency Proceedings & Debt - Live At Your Desk
Businesses large and small are reeling from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and Brexit uncertainty looms large in commercial life.
In these unsettled times effective strategies for coping with debt and recovering debt have never been more essential.
This new virtual classroom seminar will consider how insolvency proceedings can come to the aid of financially distressed individuals and companies and how such proceedings may be utilised by creditors to recover monies due.
It is designed to be a practical session aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to confidently advise clients about the appropriate use of insolvency proceedings to address debt, whether your client is the one facing creditor pressure, the one exerting it, or perhaps doing both.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Reminder of the most common personal and corporate insolvency procedures: bankruptcy, individual voluntary arrangements, administration, compulsory winding up, voluntary winding up and company voluntary arrangements
- The basic principles underlying insolvency proceedings and why they are important
- Particular focus on bankruptcy and compulsory winding-up petitions and their interaction with other types of insolvency proceedings
- When it might be desirable to petition and when it is best avoided
- Dealing with disputed debts and cross claims
- Common pitfalls and traps for the unwary
- Strategy and tactics from the point of view of debtors and creditors
- Managing the client’s expectations
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.