Inquests & Coronial Law - The Last 6 Months Examined with Leslie Thomas QC
This new virtual classroom seminar will examine how the face of coronial law has changed in the light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The session will look at pros and cons of remote hearings, the impact of COVID-19 on inquests, how the BLM and discrimination can be argued effectively in inquests, a detailed look at the new Chief Coroner’s guidance, an examination of the vulnerable and care homes as well as recent developments in the law.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- When to go for a remote hearing or not
- Pros and cons with remote and live hearings
- COVID-19 and the impact on the inquest
- Notification and investigation of COVID-19 deaths
- The Chief Coroner’s new guidance and what it means
- A special look at care homes
- Recent developments in the law
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.