Injunctions in Northern Ireland - Practical Guidance for Litigators
Frequently in civil litigation cases, circumstances will arise where your client wants to alter or preserve the current status quo rather than seeking damages, or where swift action is required to prevent any order of the Court in your client's favour becoming redundant.
At introductory level, this live broadcast session will provide you with an understanding of the various stages when injunctions are available, what requirements must be met for a Court to grant such an order and the effect that such orders can have.
What You Will Learn
This interactive live course will cover the following:
- When the need for injunctive relief arises
- Different forms of injunctive relief, examining the extent of the Court's ability and willingness to compel a party in legal proceedings
- Various stages of legal proceedings when injunctions can be sought and the potential duration of an order
- Procedural requirements of seeking an injunction in both the High Court and County Court and the implication of undertakings
- Grounds for granting or refusing an injunction
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.