Indemnities Masterclass - Live with Helen Swaffield
This new virtual classroom seminar takes indemnities to an advanced level and includes new cases. It is suitable for anyone who deals with the drafting or litigation of indemnities.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Introduction and conditions precedent
- Nouns - liquidated or unliquidated - classification of loss
- Verbs - hold harmless, defend, indemnify, covenant to pay
- Causation - directly or indirectly, contributed to, or adverbial phrases
- Remoteness and mitigation - does it apply and if so, how?
- Triggers - paid, payable, upon demand, breach, incurred
- The six types of indemnity - bare, financial, reciprocal, proportionate, reverse, third party
- Finessing the reciprocal indemnity as an alternative to liability
- Carve outs and caps
- The relationship with the limitation of liability clause
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.