Incorporating a Property Letting Business - A Case Study with Robert Jamieson
This webinar will outline the restrictions on loan interest tax relief for residential property letting portfolios, together with a worked example showing how landlords are being adversely affected by the rules which took full effect on 6 April 2020.
This is followed by a suggested solution to the dilemma, making use of a case study which looks at the incorporation of a property letting business and demonstrates the tax saving potential of employing a company.
If you are an accountant, lawyer or work with private clients and advise in connection with property transactions and personal or business tax matters then this webinar is for you.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Who is affected?
- And who is not?
- What is the problem?
- An illustration of a taxpayer with significant borrowing commitments
- Factors to consider when incorporating a property business
- CGT aspects
- The usefulness of the Ramsay case
- SDLT aspects
- Can the SDLT charge be mitigated?
- Partnerships or LLPs
- The importance of the American Leaf Blending case
- Case study of a highly geared taxpayer who incorporates his property letting business
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 26th March 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation