Illegal Occupation by Travellers - A Guide to Effective Recovery of Possession
When a client calls with the news that their site or building is in illegal occupation, it’s always a moment to drop everything else and hit the ground running.
Being up to speed with how to manage the logistical issues and navigate the court processes is essential to achieving your client’s aim of getting possession back at the earliest possible moment.
This live broadcast session sets out a point-by-point action plan for meeting the challenge, and considers the court process in distinct procedural phases, to enable an organised approach to preparation for the various steps. It also addresses measures complementary to court proceedings, and the available steps for preventing repeat occupation, or at least meeting it with rapid and effective enforcement.
What You Will Learn
This live session will cover the following:
- The practical measures available to secure vacant possession with or without the assistance of the courts
- The range of police and local authority powers
- The logistics of operating the procedure as fast as possible
- The key instructions for process-servers, agents and bailiffs
- Animals and vehicles - particular problems
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.