IT & Outsourcing for SMEs - Understanding the Risks
As costs of operating and maintaining an IT system rise, SMEs and other organisations are looking to see if they can outsource the IT to third party IT suppliers.
This not only brings the benefits of lower costs by having fewer staff to maintain the IT system in-house but, bringing in external expertise can mean that an SME can get an equivalent or better IT system at the lower cost.
However, although costs can be reduced in this way, this comes with additional risks.
Additional risks include:
- Relying on a third party for business-critical functions
- Not having full visibility regarding how the IT systems are provided
- Not having full visibility regarding where data is kept and who has access to that data
- Issues relating to services not being provided as required or services failing at critical times
- Time delays in getting issues resolved
Many of these risks are exacerbated for SMEs or other organisations that may not have the resources or funds to take legal action against any suppliers that do not provide what was required.
Because of this, SMEs and other organisations need to understand not only the cost savings of IT outsourcing but also the contractual and practical risks that are involved and how to mitigate those risks.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast will cover the following:
- What can go wrong in an IT outsourcing deal
- Contractual ways for SMEs to protect themselves
- Practical tips and tricks
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.