IT Outsourcing Agreements: Key Issues & Industry Trends
Once the domain of specialist IT outsourcing lawyers, all commercial lawyers need to have an understanding of IT outsourcing arrangements including how they differ from ‘regular’ technology services deals and the key risks involved.
This live broadcast session will provide you with a summary of IT outsourcing deals and the latest industry trends including the key issues which arise in today’s deals and how to navigate them.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What differentiates an outsourcing deal from other (technology) services deals including asset and people transfers
- Key Risks
- Structuring the deal: procurement and due diligence
- Transition: the key practical risk area
- Integration: looking at the entire IT estate
- Exit: getting it right from the outset
- Contract management in ‘business as usual’: with a focus on remedies including service levels and credits
- Managing change: the lifecycle of an outsourcing deal, including technology refresh
- Risk allocation: liability, indemnity and reflecting key risks into the contract
- Latest Industry Trends
- Transformation + outsourcing, including the prevalence of digital transformation and agile development models
- Impact of new technologies on outsourcing: RPA and cloud
- Multi-vendor environments
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.