IR35 - Changes to Off-Payroll Working in the Private Sector
The biggest shake up to employment status and payroll processing for 20 years will come into effect in April 2020.
From next April medium sized and large businesses and charities in the private sector will follow the rules that have applied in the public sector since April 2017.
This will require the engager to assess whether the IR35 rules apply to any consultants, contractors and freelancers who are being paid via invoice from their limited company or partnership. This is a reversal of the current situation in the private sector, where the consultant has the responsibility to decide if IR35 applies when preparing their accounts.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Who will the new rules apply to - the small engager carve-out
- Using an agency and what happens if they don’t follow your instructions
- Assessing if IR35 applies to an off-payroll engagement & communicating your decision to the consultant
- Setting up a dispute resolution process
- Decisions the finance team will have to make
- Preparing for your in-house or outsourced payroll provider to handle ‘off-payroll workers’
- Setting up an off-payroll worker or deemed employee on the payroll
- Paying the consultant
- How the consultant withdraws money from their business
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 2nd October 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.