IP, Technology & Tax - Recent Developments - Live with Anne Fairpo
This live broadcast session will review the UK tax rules relating to intellectual property, comparing the corporate rules with those applying to individuals, and reviewing tax incentives for IP.
It will also look at some tax issues that can arise with recent developments in technology and will review international tax aspects of dealing with intellectual property and technology across borders.
It is aimed at anyone advising businesses exploiting intellectual property, directly or indirectly; in-house tax specialists working in technology businesses or anyone with an interest in a rapidly changing area of tax law.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- UK corporate intangibles tax regime
- Pitfalls in UK taxation of intellectual property for individuals
- UK IP tax incentives: R&D and patent box
- Technology changes: tax and blockchain, bitcoin and ICOs
- International taxation of intellectual property, including:
- Anti-diversion: transfer pricing, CFCs and DPT
- UK changes to withholding tax
- IP tax in a post-BEPS environment
- Implications of US tax reform for IP taxation
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.