IHT in Discretionary Trusts - An Advanced Guide to Additions to Relevant Property Trusts
Taxing IHT inside the relevant property trust regime can be complicated enough with a straightforward trust.
Throw in additions to the trust; same day or otherwise and the taxation calculations get even more tricky.
This new virtual classroom seminar will address these issues, showing how to deal with the additions to the trust in calculating the IHT at all stages, including exit and periodic charges incurred every ten years.
The session will guide you through both the legislation and many practical examples covering what is important to know about how we tax additions to relevant property trusts in 2021.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Additions to relevant property trusts and how these affect exit charges within the first 10 years of the trust
- Additions to relevant property trusts and how these affect the 10-yearly charge
- How to treat additions that cannot be easily identified, such as cash
- Additions to relevant property trusts and how these affect exit charges after the first or subsequent 10 yearly charge
- How additions of property to a relevant property trust affect the settlor’s cumulative total brought forward
- The impact of same day additions on exit charges and 10 yearly charges
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.