IHT Planning for High Net Worth Clients in Scotland - A Toolkit for Private Client Practitioners
IHT mitigation is a key consideration for high net worth clients. This new half day course will consider various planning options open to you when advising clients, both in lifetime and on death.
Aimed at private client solicitors and other professionals who have an understanding of how IHT operates, the course will focus on practical and often overlooked strategies to equip you with the tools you need to provide a bespoke package of advice to each of your clients. Although the course will primarily focus on IHT, it will also consider the wider tax implications of the planning opportunities for your clients.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Making gifts work for your clients
- Passing on wealth via trust structures
- Maximising the availability of Business Property Relief
- Ensuring the estate benefits from the Residence Nil Rate Band
- Pension planning considerations
- Appropriate will drafting options
- Redirecting inheritances beyond the basic Deed of Variation
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme