IFRS 16 Leases - Applying the Main Principles
The new lease standard, IFRS 16 Leases, significantly changes the way lessees will account for nearly all leases.
Aimed at both financial accountants, auditors and other professionals involved in lease accounting, this webinar will recap on the accounting treatment and focus on some of the other considerations in implementing the new standard.
What You Will Learn:
This webinar will cover the following:
- Applying the new accounting treatment, for nearly all leases, recognising a right-of-use asset and corresponding lease liability
- Understanding some of the considerations in applying the accounting principles, including:
- Assessment of the lease term
- Assessment of variable payments
- Accounting for non-lease components
- Determining the discount rate
- Impairment considerations
- Identifying embedded leases
- Accounting for sub-leases
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 14th May 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.