How to Value a Law Firm - A Guide on Acquisition or Sale
This webinar is aimed at partners or managers of law firms who are thinking of acquiring another practice or selling their own.
The market is seeing a lot of consolidation at the moment and there are opportunities in the market for buying and selling. The biggest issue is usually the price - what is a law firm worth?
This session will work through some practical examples of valuing law firms and looks at the differing ways of valuing different types of firm.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Mergers, acquisitions, sales, organic growth and closing down
- What to look for in a potential buyer or seller
- How and why to use advisers
- Valuation methodologies:
- Net assets
- WIP, contingent WIP and goodwill
- Partner ‘salaries’
- Different types of firms
- Pricing strategies - the value of synergy
- The value of property
This webinar was recorded on 16th September 2019