How to Tackle Disability Discrimination in Education - Live At Your Desk
The virtual classroom seminar will cover the legal position in respect of disability discrimination for children and young people in educational settings, including schools and colleges.
It will include discussion of the five categories of discrimination, reasonable adjustments duty and how to challenge if a child or young person is being discriminated against.
Examples of types of discrimination and cases will be used to provide practical advice on handling these matters and advising.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast will cover the following:
- Types of disability discrimination
- Exclusions of children/young people with disabilities
- Support available for children/young people with disabilities in educational settings
- Considerations before making a claim
- Procedure for making a disability discrimination claim, and preparing the case
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.