How to Resolve Unclear & Ambiguous Drafting in Wills - A Bite-Sized Guide for Private Client Professionals
Wills frequently give rise to construction problems. Unclear or ambiguous drafting can sometimes be overcome by agreement between those affected but in some cases can escalate into a dispute which can only be resolved by going to court.
This short webinar aims to provide some practical guidance on what to do when faced with a will which gives rise to a construction problem.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- How to try to resolve a will construction problem amicably
- How a court will approach a claim to determine the construction of a will
- When is extrinsic evidence of the testator admissible?
- Procedural and evidential aspects
- Costs considerations
- Interplay with rectification claims
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 3rd July 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.