How to Remedy a Defective Share Buyback - A Bitesized Guide
This short webinar looks at the various ways that a private company can rectify a defective buyback.
It is aimed at those already familiar with the correct buyback procedure and it is assumed that delegates have some background knowledge of share buybacks.
What You Will Learn
The webinar will cover the following:
- A very brief reminder of the correct buyback procedure for private companies
- Why a defective buyback might come to light
- Why a defective buyback is a problem
- Typical errors
- Possible remedies, depending upon the facts, the type of error, how much time has passed and the attitudes of relevant third parties
- A review of relevant case law
This webinar was recorded on 26th November 2020
at your organisation