How to Put Together a Successful Insolvency Application - A Practical Guide for Insolvency Professionals
This new full day course will provide you with structured tips and worked-through examples of how to prepare an application and evidence both generally and in common situations in the personal and corporate insolvency arena; including contested possession and sale applications, misfeasance and wrongful trading applications, and transaction avoidance claims.
It will discuss in particular recent case law developments including Wood v Watkin  on disclosure, Re Guardian Care Homes (West) Ltd  on the thorny question of what can be included in witness statements and Lygoe v Hunt  on alleging dishonesty.
The course is aimed at both insolvency practitioners and solicitors.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- A reminder of the relevant rules and case law
- Case analysis and preparation
- The application notice and witness statement in support
- Documents, disclosure and exhibits
- Dealing with dishonesty
- Evidencing mental elements
- Evidence in reply
- Developing the case and adding new causes of action
- The practicalities and pitfalls
- Detailed case study and discussion
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme