How to Put Together a Successful Insolvency Application - A Practical Guide for Insolvency Professionals
This new full day course will provide you with structured tips and worked-through examples of how to prepare an application and evidence both generally and in common situations in the personal and corporate insolvency arena; including contested possession and sale applications, misfeasance and wrongful trading applications, and transaction avoidance claims.
It will discuss in particular recent case law developments including Wood v Watkin  on disclosure, Re Guardian Care Homes (West) Ltd  on the thorny question of what can be included in witness statements and Lygoe v Hunt  on alleging dishonesty.
The course is aimed at both insolvency practitioners and solicitors.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- A reminder of the relevant rules and case law
- Case analysis and preparation
- The application notice and witness statement in support
- Documents, disclosure and exhibits
- Dealing with dishonesty
- Evidencing mental elements
- Evidence in reply
- Developing the case and adding new causes of action
- The practicalities and pitfalls
- Detailed case study and discussion
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme