How to Persuade & Influence People - Upwards, Sideways & Downwards
Influencing skills are crucial for effective leadership. We all need to influence upwards, sideways and downwards.
This virtual classroom seminar will explore how to influence others and get their real commitment, rather than begrudging acceptance.
It is aimed at those working in professional firms from mid-level associates or managers upwards and from support managers to directors.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The relationship between power, influence and authority and how to build your personal power
- The use of different influencing techniques involving ‘pushing’ and ‘pulling’
- Why using logic can be overused and why it might be less persuasive than you think
- The power of creating an attractive vision for change and how to do this
- The need to consult widely (what the Japanese call 'nemawashi')
- How to create a mandate to enable you to be appropriately assertive
- How to influence on the phone
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.