How to Navigate Financial Information with Confidence - A Lawyer’s Guide to Cash, P&L & Balance Sheets
Delivered over 2 live broadcast sessions, this online course is designed for lawyers of all levels of experience who would like to improve their ability to find their way around financial information with confidence. It is relevant to many different practice areas and the content will be delivered so as to be useful and helpful in a wide range of legal activities; it will also be useful in understanding how the finances of law firms work and for general commercial awareness.
Delegates are asked to note that the course does presume some prior knowledge be that from the accounts training provided on the LPC or PSC or through professional experience.
What You Will Learn
The online sessions will cover the following:
- The regulatory requirements for accounts for all types of organisation from sole practitioners to partnerships, LLPs, private limited companies and PLCs
- The key principles and what is UKGAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- What information may be reported in the supporting notes and how this will change for ‘small’ companies
- How to read a profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Identifying the key areas of subjectivity; the management judgments and estimates
- Key performance indicators and how to analyse the performance of a business from the financial statements
- The current hot topics and examples of good and bad practice
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
9:30am - 12:30pm
9:30am - 12:30pm