How to Manage & Promote Equality & Diversity in the Workplace - A Workshop for Business
Recent media attention has given us some hard-hitting reminders about managing equality and diversity more effectively.
This interactive workshop focuses on promoting equality and diversity - reducing legal risks and ensuring an organisation promotes equal opportunities in the working environment. You will be given the opportunity to explore the part you can play in creating a positive and inclusive working environment and raise the awareness of your organisation.
You will also be given the opportunity to share your own experiences and have your questions answered.
The aim of this workshop is to enable you to have the confidence and ability to:
- Understand the legal elements involved when managing equality and diversity
- Promote equality and diversity within your organisation after being equipped with sufficient knowledge on key areas
- Appreciate the impact of language when communicating with others
- Avoid discrimination and biased assumptions by ensuring equal opportunities policies are put into practice
- Appreciate the importance of recent case law and critical employment legislation and its impact on equality and diversity
- Identify ongoing personal development and coaching needs and establish an action plan
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Diversity and Equal Opportunities
- What are these concepts? Exploring and defining diversity and equal opportunities
- Benefits of diversity and equal opportunities
- Equal opportunities policies
- Diversity and interpersonal interaction
- Organisational and individual roles - behaviour in and out of the traditional work setting
- Employee relationships
- Fairness, respect and organisational integrity
- Understanding the legal context - an overview of current legislation and codes of practice
- Difference, Division and Discrimination - 'The 3 D's'
- Gender reassignment
- Sexual orientation
- Religion or belief
- Equal pay
- Part time workers
- Flexible working
- How discrimination expresses itself at work
- Dealing with inappropriate behaviour
- Future developments in discrimination law
- Bullying & Harassment
- What constitutes workplace harassment and bullying?
- How can bullying and harassment be recognised?
- The effects of harassment and bullying on the individual and the organisation
- Assertiveness verses bullying
- The legal framework
- How complaints should be dealt with
- Ensuring a supportive work environment
- Outline of the tribunal process
- Potential risks and costs for an organisation as well as individual manager
- Monitoring for the Future
- Appraisals and performance reviews
- Selection for promotion
- Supervision of Staff
- Regular review of policies
- Training and induction for all new staff
- Refresher training for existing staff
- Career development
- Your rights and responsibilities
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme