How to Investigate Allegations of Partner Misconduct
This webinar will focus on the process to be followed when a partner or LLP member is accused of misconduct, including sexual misconduct.
It will address the investigation process to be followed in relation to LLP members, including related risks and possible approaches, the sanctions to be imposed in the event the allegations are found to have substance and possible remedial steps, including revisiting firm policies and training.
It is aimed at those who wish to gain an increased understanding of the investigation process to be followed and will offer practical handling recommendations.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The key steps to be followed in any partner misconduct investigation process including the additional considerations to be taken into account in cases of alleged sexual misconduct
- Current best practice in addressing allegations of misconduct including sexual harassment and misconduct
- Current best practice on firm policies and training on misconduct including sexual misconduct
- A review of related risks for firms and LLP members:
- The regulatory considerations including a referral to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority and possible Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal sanction
- The possible legal claims against the firm and individual partners and individuals when things go wrong
- Some common concerns and provide suggested practical approaches to managing risk
This webinar was recorded on 28th September 2020