How to Conduct a Data Protection Audit
With the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in force, now is an opportune time to undertake an audit of your data estate. Undertaking an audit can arise for a number of reasons, be that to better understand the information your organisation holds, to refresh and roll out new policies, or to meet the demands of increasingly demanding legislation in the most effective way possible.
What You Will Learn
In this session you will learn how to undertake a desk-based audit through a consideration of:
- Determining who should take part in an audit and effective stakeholder management
- Issuing effective questionnaires and conducting interviews
- Highlighting areas of business risk
- How to assess what data is held and undertake a data mapping exercise
- How to interpret materials, draw conclusions and deliver findings
- How to effectively communicate your findings to the business and key stakeholders
- How to take the audit findings and translate them into a governance strategy
- Additional requirements imposed by the GDPR
- Interactive audit exercises
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme