Holiday Sickness Claims - Overcoming Obstacles
This course will focus on holiday illness cases in a changed landscape.
Much has been made of compensation culture and rightly measures have been taken to address those bringing fraudulent claims and some well publicised examples have sought to serve as a deterrent to such behaviour.
The course will focus on the obstacles to proving cases for those who have been genuinely affected by exposure to substandard hygiene conditions in the light of judicial developments and attitudes in the new climate.
There will also be a consideration of the impact on profitability with the introduction of fixed costs and the advent of law reform.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The conditions which can give rise to holiday illness
- The extent to which this is indicative of a wider outbreak
- The focus in advancing claims
- Other considerations when advancing claims
- Litigation and causation
- Identifying more serious cases
- Difficulties in dealing with fatalities resulting from holiday illness
- An assessment of how costs reform is and will affect the market
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme