Help to Buy Schemes for Conveyancers - An Update with Paul Tobias
All Governments seek to help people get on the property ladder and there are several schemes available.
However, for the conveyancer this means more formalities, details and forms and the need to advise your clients. If you are not up to date with all of this you may lose a client or deny them the opportunity to take full advantage of the schemes.
The Help to Buy Equity Loan scheme was extended to 2023 and is expected to help many buy a new build home by then.
Help to Buy may make the dream of your clients owning their own home a reality… but for the conveyancer of course there is a different reality - that of becoming familiar with the procedures, rules and timing and getting to grips with a forest of paperwork - and getting it right!
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Shared ownership schemes
- First Home initiative - eligibility, discounts, restrictions
- SDLT relief for first time buyers
- Help to buy equity loans
- Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) [Homes England] - a look at their information pack and equity loan instructions to conveyancers, steps to follow at each stage of the scheme
- Equity Mortgage Lender’s Handbook for Conveyancers - last modified 28th December 2020
- Provider's Sale Contract Provisions and Housebuilder and Developer Participation Guidance
- Help to Buy ISA - was for first time buyers to raise a deposit but no longer available for new applicants
- 20% discount via ‘Starter Home Initiative’, armed forces - MOD Interest free loans, differences in Wales, lifetime ISA
- The Government Mortgage Guarantee Scheme - Budget March 2021 and the Help to Build Scheme
- A brief overview of the Government Right to Buy Scheme
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 3rd November 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation