Handling Conflicts of Interest - A Guide for the Charity Sector
Mis-management of conflicts of interest commonly feature in Charity Commission regulatory cases reports. Often those involved either completely fail to recognise the conflict or fall short of what is required to deal with the conflict situation properly.
This webinar will help charity advisors and senior leaders in charities spot actual or potential conflicts of interest or loyalty situations and ensure they are managed properly when they do arise.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Legal duties of charity trustees in relation to conflicts
- Identifying conflicts of interest or loyalty
- Standard protocols and procedures that ought to be in place
- How to avoid or handle conflicts of interest or loyalty
- When to seek Charity Commission authorisation or advice
- When to report a conflict situation as a serious incident
- Consequences of failing to handle conflicts adequately
- Reputational issues to consider
- Lessons to learn from recent cases
- Sources of guidance and information that are available
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 17th December 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation