HR Ground Rules
Are you a successful business owner daunted by HR or perhaps a manager who has been given ‘HR’ to manage, but have no idea how to!
Perhaps you are completely new to HR and don’t know where to start?
If so, this interactive workshop covers all aspects of HR and people management - from recruitment, contracts of employment through to managing discipline and absences. It provides a base grounding to move forward and will include management toolkits and template letters to help you along the way.
Delegates will be given the opportunity to share their own experiences and have their particular questions answered. Using real life case studies designed so you can really understand the nuts and bolts of HR in your business.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The role of HR
- Recruitment and selection
- Employment contracts and staff handbooks
- The induction process
- Pay and employee benefits
- Disciplinary rules and procedures
- Ending employment
- Flexible working
- Maternity rights, maternity leave and returning to work, paternity and adoption rights
- Managing and reducing absence and sickness policies
- Managing employee performance and appraisals
- Fundamental principles of employment law
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme