Going Green - Sustainable Finance in the Housing Sector
Green, social and sustainable finance has exploded in popularity becoming a major source of funding to housing providers.
But what is ESG and why should you care about it?
This virtual classroom seminar will cover a number of key issues including the types of ESG finance products available and why housing providers need to embrace ESG in order to retain access to funding.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What is ESG?
- Why are funders so invested in ESG?
- How green and sustainable financing is a natural fit for the housing sector:
- Building houses is terrible for the environment
- Reduction of the biosphere is a huge threat to life
- Housing providers have recognised a need to reduce whole carbon in buildings, improve biodiversity, future proof for climate change in terms of architecture & improve the energy efficiency of buildings
- The types of green financing available:
- Green loans
- Sustainability linked loans
- Green private placements
- Green/social/sustainable bonds
- Sustainable bond frameworks and 2nd party opinions
- Data and the importance of setting your KPIs at the correct level - not focusing on the E and neglecting the S & the G
- Reporting standards
- Task Force on climate related financial disclosures/SFDR
- Retrofit and climate adaptability
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Added to basket
Learn Live | 06.09.2023
N/A | 1:30pm - 3:00pm
Going Green - Sustainable Finance in the Housing SectorCheckout