GDPR Post-Brexit - What Happens Next?
The GDPR no longer has direct effect in the UK, and UK based legislation will instead take its place which will incorporate into UK law a version of the GDPR.
As an interim measure the UK has been granted transitional adequacy status, but this will be subject to a fuller review over the coming months.
For organisations, this will mean that it is likely to require processes to simultaneously comply with these various laws and also think about what comfort interim data transfer provisions offer in the absence of a full adequacy status.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Territorial Scope of UK GDPR
- Validity of data transfers in the context of Brexit
- Adequacy - An introduction to the changes resulting from the interim adequacy agreement brokered for the Brexit deal
- Data transfer mechanisms, approvals and certifications
- UK Controller to EU Processor transfers; the so called ‘Brexit conundrum’
- Assessing adequacy of current outsourcing relationships
- Co-operation between regulators and what to expect on enforcement matters
This webinar was recorded on 16th March 2021
at your organisation