GDPR Myths & Misunderstandings - Unlocking the Confusion
More than four years since the GDPR came into force there is ongoing discussion regarding practical compliance with its requirements.
Add to this a series of changes to the rules on international transfers of data and a further series of changes set out in the Data Protection and Digital Information Bill and there is potential for considerable confusion.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will include discussion of the following questions:
Applicability of the Rules
- UK GDPR, EU GDPR - which rules apply?
- Are representatives liable for breaches by their principals?
Breach Reporting Requirements
- When should breaches be reported to the ICO under the UK GDPR?
Lawful Bases for Processing
- Can ‘legitimate interests’ be relied on instead of consent?
- Is consent the only applicable lawful basis for direct marketing?
International Data Transfers
- When should the new EU standard contractual clauses be used?
- What is the International Data Transfer Agreement and when should it be used?
- What is the UK Addendum and when can it be used?
Reforms on the Horizon
- What are the key provisions of the Data Protection and Digital Information Bill?
This webinar was recorded on 11th January 2023
at your organisation