GDPR Myths & Misunderstandings - A Guide with Keith Markham
Now that GDPR is more than 3 years old there has been much discussion regarding practical compliance with its requirements. There has also been a large volume of new guidance which helps to clarify and contextualise key GDPR concepts. Add to that the UK Government’s consultation document on further changes and there is the potential for considerable confusion.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will include discussion of the following questions:
- Is my organisation caught by the UK GDPR, the EU GDPR or both?
- If my organisation acts as a representative, are we liable for breaches by our principal?
- When are breaches reportable under the UK GDPR?
- Is ‘legitimate interests’ as good a processing condition as consent?
- Must direct marketing be carried out on the grounds of consent?
- What do we need to do about the changes to the rules on international data transfers?
- What is the latest position on compensation claims?
- What changes to the UK GDPR are being proposed by the UK government?
This webinar was recorded on 25th November 2021
at your organisation