Fraud & Money Laundering - An Essential Update for Conveyancers
This one hour webinar will provide an update on the key issues of fraud in conveyancing transactions and what you should be doing for both sellers and buyers.
It is aimed at all property fee-earners and support staff with client contact responsibilities.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The key offences and how to react to them
- The key requirements of the MLTFR 2017
- Wealth & Funds queries
- Ongoing monitoring
- Steps to take in a typical transaction to avoid the possibility of fraud
- Fraudsters are still prevalent - what are you doing?
- Critical issues for conveyancers - what should you be doing for buyers?
- Terms to alert clients to the risks of fraud
- Insurance solutions
- What is the role of estate agents - should they be doing more?
- New developments to ease the pressures
- How do you know if you are doing enough due diligence?
- How far should you go back in asking about where clients got their money from?
- If you think you have spotted an issue - who do you tell?
- How would you know you have spotted a PEP? What would you do about it?
- How do you liaise with estate agents to catch the crooks?
- How best to protect you and your firm
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 7th October 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.