Forfeiture of Commercial Leases - The Key Issues
Forfeiture of a commercial lease can be a quick, cheap and effective way of either recovering possession or persuading a defaulting tenant to comply with its obligations. At the same time it is true, as the Law Commission has observed, that this area of law ‘is complex, lacks coherence and can lead to injustice’.
This interactive live broadcast session will explore the problematic areas, and use discussion scenarios to understand the advantages, the limitations and pitfalls. The most recent case law will also be covered.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The pros and cons - what is the landlord trying to achieve?
- Methods of forfeiture, and when each is appropriate
- Avoidance of waiver - the practicalities
- Relief from forfeiture - simplifying the complexities
- Post-forfeiture issues and re-letting
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.