Forfeiture for Non-Payment of Rent - The Essentials Considered
Now that forfeiture for non-payment of rent is once more to be available (at least for non-ring-fenced arrears), landlords may be keen to re-establish financial discipline by making use of it where available. That means that professional advisers need to be on top of this tricky area of law, as an invalid forfeiture can lay the landlord open to a claim for unlawful eviction.
This webinar identifies the key practical matters in one easily digestible webinar.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- In what circumstances might forfeiture be unavailable?
- How long does a tenant have to apply for relief?
- What are the required formalities before forfeiting?
- Can the landlord sell the tenant’s goods left at the premises?
- Does the presence of a sub-tenant cause extra difficulties, or present additional opportunities?
This webinar was recorded on 10th May 2022
at your organisation