Foreign Powers of Attorney & Guardianship Orders - Issues to Consider with Caroline Bielanska
What happens if your client has lived in another country, such as Scotland and moves to England or Wales? Can their Continuing Power of Attorney be used, or do they need to go through a Court of Protection process?
What if it is the other way around? What if your client moves to another country and there is a residency dispute? How are these to be managed?
This new virtual classroom seminar will answer the above questions and more.
What You Will Learn
The live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The Hague Convention on the International Protection of Adults 2000
- Recognition and enforcement of a foreign protective measure in the Court of Protection
- Enabling a foreign power of attorney to be used in England & Wales
- Using a Lasting Power in a foreign jurisdiction
- Consideration of case law
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.