Fixtures & Chattels - A Guide to the Obligations on Lease Expiry
The webinar is aimed at surveyors involved in lettings and management, property lawyers whose practice includes commercial lettings and other property professionals.
It will cover difficult questions on commercial lettings including:
- Can a tenant remove tenant's fixtures if the landlord forfeits the lease?
- Is internal demountable partitioning a chattel, a tenant's fixture or a landlord's fixture?
- How are fixtures dealt with when leases come up for renewal?
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The distinction between fixtures and chattels
- The distinction between landlord's and tenant's fixtures
- The role and relevance of reinstatement obligations
- Compensation for alterations
- Yielding-up obligations
- Fixtures and lease renewals
- Case law