Fixed Costs in Personal Injury Claims - The Common Problems
Fixed costs have expanded from road traffic accident claims, through employers’ and public liability claims to travel sickness claims. They come in different amounts in different regimes. They are only likely to expand, as the forthcoming changes to small claims and whiplash claims this year demonstrate.
The rules are occasionally silent on important and not uncommon issues, awaiting rulings from the High Court or above to resolve them definitively.
This webinar will work through some of the more common problems, highlight the current approaches to them and ensure that in the ‘swings and roundabouts’ of fixed costs you do not miss out on the benefits which are supposed to make up for the negatives.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The different costs regimes presently in place or coming into force soon
- Important decided cases that supplement the rules
- Common problems that arise when a factual scenario is not covered by the rules
- Interplay between fixed costs and Part 36 offers
- Worked examples to place the tangled theory of the rules into the real world
- Defendant’s costs including the impact of fundamental dishonesty
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 30th September 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation