Fixed Costs & The Multi-Track - Recent Case Law & Developments
Applying fixed costs to the multi-track has been on the horizon since Lord Justice Jackson’s report on fixed recoverable costs published in 2017.
The prospect of fixed costs applying to cases with a value of up to £100,000 is daunting to say the least and may have a ‘chilling effect’ on litigation and impact access to justice.
All the indications are that this year will see the government announcing this coming into effect, possibly in October 2021.
This newly updated webinar will explore what this will mean for litigation, what we can glean so far about the practical effects and how to operate in a fixed fee environment at this level.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What the current proposals look like and how they may operate in real terms across practice areas
- Lessons learnt so far on fixed costs and how the rules and case law currently treat fixed costs in cases falling outside Part 45
- A look at the capped costs pilot in company and property claims and the established capped costs regime in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court (‘IPEC’) and how these have worked and may influence high value fixed costs cases
- What the current state of play is with fixed costs in clinical negligence cases
- Costs and case management tips to plan and operate within a fixed costs regime and remain profitable
- Up-to-date case law addressing fixed costs
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 14th June 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation