Fire Safety & the Construction Industry
Many companies and their individuals that work in construction are not fully familiar with their fire safety duties and the way in which the changes to UK fire safety legislation and the observations from the Grenfell enquiry might impact them.
This highly engaging and interactive course will highlight the key fire safety risks for companies and individuals that work in the construction industry - including contractors, surveyors, suppliers, designers, manufacturers and installers - and how to limit liability and exposure to the risk of prosecution.
You will also get the chance to participate in an ‘interview under caution’ by the Fire Authority and the afternoon workshop session will allow you to discuss and analyse how best to deal with an investigation into a fire safety incident. This is a ‘must attend’ for anyone involved in the construction industry who wishes to know more about their statutory fire safety obligations and how to put themselves and the companies that they work for in the best possible position to resist scrutiny from the Fire Authorities.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Fire Safety responsibilities - obligations under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005:
- Who is the ‘responsible person’?
- Do you have obligations as an individual?
- What about those that manufacture, install or supply in the construction industry?
- What’s the worst that can happen?
- Impact of the 2016 H&S Sentencing Guidelines on fire safety enforcement
- Relevant case studies
- Corporate manslaughter / gross negligence manslaughter
- Fire enforcement trends (LFB v Regional Fire Authorities)
- Impact of the Grenfell enquiry on UK fire investigations and prosecutions
- Practical legal tips to reduce exposure to the risk of prosecution
- Afternoon practical session: ‘Interview Under Caution’ exercise - watch how individuals deal with being interviewed under caution by the Fire Authority and then discuss the issues that were raised during the interview and how you can best protect yourselves and your organisation from the risk of prosecution
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme