Fintech - A Practical Introduction
Many hundreds of companies are embarking on Fintech start-ups in the UK. Of the 8 European ‘unicorns’ six are in the UK. Fintech companies need focused professional advisers from the start-up phase to their IPO or sale to an incumbent.
This new course will provide a review of Fintech, how Fintech is disrupting the existing status quo and the key drivers in the market.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- What is Fintech?
- Which slices of financial services are being targeted?
- Key financial services regulations - PSD II, AML and more
- The case of Revolut
- Setting up a Fintech company and key advisers
- Sources of initial funding
- The case of Powa Technologies
- Choices for incumbents - buy invest or copy
- The case of Funding Circle
- Why most Fintech companies fail
- Jargon busting A-Z session - AI, Block Chain, Crowdfunding and more.
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme