Financial Services Regulation - An Introduction for Corporate & Commercial Lawyers
Join Charles Marquand of 4 Stone Buildings who will explore the key elements within financial services law for lawyers in company and commercial departments.
What You Will Learn
This seminar will cover the following:
- Alternative Investment Funds
- What is an ‘alternative investment fund’?
- What is not an ‘alternative investment fund’ and how to avoid being one
- Regulation of alternative investment funds
- Marketing of alternative investments in the UK
- Financial Promotions
- What is a financial promotion?
- What is not a financial promotion
- Exemptions from the financial promotion restriction
- Forthcoming changes to the financial promotion regime
- Regulation of Crypto-currencies
- What is crypto-currency?
- Differing kinds of crypto-currency
- How is crypto-currency brought into being and how is it held
- Legal treatment of crypto-currency
- Regulatory treatment of crypto-currency
- Consumer Credit & Mortgages for Unregulated Firms
- What is credit?
- What is a financial accommodation?
- What is not credit
- Exemptions for business lending
- What is a regulated mortgage?
10:00am - 4:30pm
Prices (ex VAT)
Discounts are available for multiple places and if you have 5 or more people interested in this course and would like to discuss holding it in your area or on an in-house basis then please email us at email@example.com
Can’t Make the Date?
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme