Financial Requirements of Family Applications under Appendix FM - A Guide for Immigration Lawyers - Live at Your Desk
The Home Office’s rigid provisions on how to meet the financial requirements of Appendix FM are undoubtedly the commonest reason for family applications to fail - often unnecessarily.
In many cases, applications are refused not because couples can’t meet the minimum income threshold, but because of a failure to comply with the specific evidential demands of Appendix FM-SE around documentation and timing. Another common source of problems is confusion over the 'adequate maintenance' calculation, which arises in Parent applications and cases where applicants are in receipt of certain benefits.
This new virtual classroom seminar aims to provide delegates with a full understanding of the exacting and often confusing demands of Appendix FM and Appendix FM-SE, as well as familiarity with the relevant guidance.
It will benefit anyone advising on applications for entry clearance, leave to remain and indefinite leave to remain under Appendix FM. Delegates will be assumed to have a basic understanding of the Immigration Rules and some familiarity with the general provisions of Appendix FM.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Overview of the financial requirement
- Calculating the financial requirement
- Permitted sources of income and specified evidence in the following areas:-
- Salaried/non-salaried employment
- Non-employment income
- Cash savings
- Self-Employment as ‘Director of Specified Company’
- Other forms of self-employment
- Combining sources of income
- Adequate maintenance - ‘specified benefits’ and Parent / Adult Dependent Relative applications
- Exceptional circumstances and other sources of income
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.