Financial Remedy Cases - Practical Tips for Family Lawyers
With the changes in spousal maintenance, the increasing number of shared care arrangements and the rising cost of housing, this webinar will deliver essential practical tips on getting the best possible result for your client and in managing their expectations from the outset.
As practitioners we are all familiar with the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 and the section 25 criteria but learning how to apply the principles practically in the context of a modern family is essential.
This webinar is aimed at intermediary level.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Tips for ascertaining the client’s objectives early on and delivering realistic advice from the outset
- Early fact finding to strategically plan your client’s case
- Dealing with the question of housing and exploring all options
- Income needs and maintenance expectations
- Mortgage capacities
- Earning capacities and the main carer’s ability to work
- Health issues/stress and anxiety
- Pensions in the wider context of case settlement
- Conducting a regular cost/benefit analysis for your client - what are you fighting for?
- Contributions and in particular inheritance or early properties
This webinar was recorded on 7th November 2019