Family Law Update 2019
This 1 hour live broadcast session will cover some of the leading developments in family law and practice to keep you abreast of changes and developments.
Perfect for lunchtime learning for your team, it will cover updates on areas of financial remedies, cohabitation, children law aspects and marital breakdown.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast session with Safda Mahmood will cover the following:
Financial Remedy, Cohabitation & Divorce Related Matters
- Nikka marriage and nullity applications - implications of Akhter v Khan
- Pound for pound cost funding
- Civil partnership and opposite sex couples
- Consideration of estoppel in cohabitation cases and the implications of Moore v Moore and Another
- IX v IY  - cases involving division of assets based upon needs and sharing of assets
- Divorce Government Consultation and way forward following the case of Owens v Owens
- Legal bloggers and publication of Judgments - practice directions
Children and Injunction Related Matters
- Domestic abuse legislation developments - consultation, government response and draft Bill - January 2019
- New statutory definition of domestic abuse and cross examination
- Terms of Forced Marriage Protection Orders
- Applications for vaccinations - Re B (A Child: Immunisation) 
- Cross examination and fact findings when allegations of domestic abuse are raised
- Enforcing contact provisions and penal notices in private children law matters
- Consideration of applications for Placement Orders
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.