Family Law Update - Summer 2020
This 1 hour live broadcast session will cover some of the leading developments in family law and practice to keep you abreast of changes and developments.
It will cover updates on areas of financial remedies, cohabitation, children law aspects and marital breakdown.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
Financial Remedy, Cohabitation & Divorce Related Matters
- Defective divorce petitions and setting aside of petitions
- Consideration of Ali v Barbosa  and issues over service
- Applications for financial relief under Part III Matrimonial and Family Proceedings Act 1984
- Major change to divorce law for over 47 years, as a result of the Divorce, Dissolution and Separation Bill 2019. How does this change matters and the changes in procedure?
- Civil Partnerships for opposite sex couples - impact and developments
- Consideration of estoppel in cohabitation and family cases
- Developments in nuptial agreements
Children and Injunction Related Matters
- Domestic abuse legislation developments - consideration of the Domestic Abuse Bill 2019 with changes to cross examination and type of orders.
- Enforcing contact provisions and alienation in private children law matters
- Matters relating to parentage and tort of deceit in marriage
- Consideration of applications to set aside care and placement orders
- Granting an interim order to permit the separation of a child from a parent
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.