FIDIC Emerald Book - A Roundup of the Key Issues
This webinar will explore the key features of the FIDIC ‘Emerald Book’ and look at how it has been designed to address the issues and risks posed by tunnelling projects.
Consideration will be given to the extent its terms are likely to be acceptable to employers and contractors.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Background to the Emerald Book
- Risks specific to tunnelling projects
- A unique approach to ground risk allocation?
- The use of the GBR in addressing ground risk
- A flexible approach to time and money claims
- Specific provision for excavation and lining works
- Role of the Engineer
- Contract risk register, advance warning notices and dispute resolution
- How may employers and contractors want to amend the ‘Emerald Book’?
This webinar was recorded on 27th July 2021
at your organisation