FCA Consumer Credit (FCA CONC) Regulation - Are You Compliant?
FCA regulation is complex and pervasive - it affects all aspects of a firm's conduct. The FCA expects high standards of the firms it regulates and there are high stakes for getting it wrong.
In a single day out of the office you will be able to understand the impact of FCA regulation on your business if you are regulated by the FCA for consumer credit. You will understand not just an overview of the CONC Sourcebook, but also the additional broader requirements the FCA places upon regulated firms.
- How can my firm demonstrate compliance with the FCA CONC Rules to the FCA's satisfaction?
- What are the key differences between being regulated by the FCA and the SRA (or being unregulated)?
- What are the implications for senior management and the Board of the firm?
This course offers practical guidance on stepping up from being SRA-regulated to being FCA-regulated (or from being unregulated to being regulated), demonstrating compliance with the relevant FCA Rules and managing your relationship with the FCA. Finally the course explores the consequences of getting it wrong and the consequences of FCA action for your business.
This course will be of interest to compliance officers, staff of law firms regulated by the FCA under the Consumer Credit requirements, Compliance Officers of Consumer Credit firms facing FCA regulation for the first time under the Consumer Credit requirements or general Counsel of the above firms.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- An overview of the broad FCA rules that apply
- An overview of CONC
- How to identify the gaps between FCA and SRA supervision
- Practical guidance on designing and implementing processes and controls to demonstrate compliance with CONC and the broader rules
- The required corporate governance and monitoring standards
- Understand the FCA approach to supervision and how to manage your relationship with the FCA effectively
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme