FCA Compliance & Regulation - ‘Equivalence’ & More Post Brexit
The Brexit transition period will end on 31 December 2020, leaving firms to navigate a new regulatory regime.
This new virtual classroom seminar will explore the new landscape and provide financial services professionals with a forum to discuss evolving issues.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Onshoring EU Rules into UK Rules and Legislation:
- The market abuse regime
- The FCA's approach to EU non-legislative materials
- Group discussion on problems encountered in practice
- The Temporary Transitional Power:
- The scope of the FCA's power to waive or modify new UK rules
- How the FCA have used that power
- Group discussion on whether it has helped firms adjust to the new regime
- An update on the latest equivalence discussions and decisions
- Group discussion on the practical difficulties for cross-border firms
- The Temporary Permissions Regime:
- An analysis of the regime
- An update on its use by EEA firms and funds
- Group discussion on its effectiveness
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.