FCA Compliance - New SMCR Conduct Rules for Senior Managers & Non Executive Directors
The FCA have alerted senior managers to the increased likelihood of staff misbehaviour in stressful times, when jobs may be at risk. Working from home can make staff feel under pressure and isolated from their supervisors, which can lead to poor conduct. Senior managers must support their staff during these difficult times and ensure that they are trained on the new Conduct Rules by the deadline of 9 December 2020.
The Conduct Rules set minimum standards of individual behaviour in financial services. They apply to all employees who perform financial services activities in a firm.
Some Conduct Rules apply to all employees, while others only apply to senior managers and non-executive directors.
Spread over 2 sessions, this live broadcast will explore the new Individual Conduct Rules, which apply to virtually all staff, and the Senior Manager Conduct Rules, which apply in full to senior managers and partially to non-executive directors.
It is suitable for senior managers, non-executive directors, compliance officers and human resources personnel with responsibility for implementing the new training requirements.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will explore each of the following new Individual Conduct Rules and Senior Manager Conduct Rules in detail and take learning points from FCA guidance and enforcement action against firms and senior managers:
- Individual Conduct Rules:
- Rule 1: ‘You must act with integrity’
- Rule 2: ‘You must act with due care, skill and diligence’
- Rule 3: ‘You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators’
- Rule 4: ‘You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly’
- Rule 5: ‘You must observe proper standards of market conduct’
- Senior Manager Conduct Rules:
- Rule SC1: ‘You must take reasonable steps to ensure that the business of the firm for which you are responsible is controlled effectively’
- Rule SC2: ‘You must take reasonable steps to ensure that the business of the firm for which you are responsible complies with the relevant requirements and standards of the regulatory system’
- Rule SC3: ‘You must take reasonable steps to ensure that any delegation of your responsibilities is to an appropriate person and that you oversee the discharge of the delegated responsibility effectively’
- Rule SC4: ‘You must disclose appropriately any information of which the FCA or PRA would reasonably expect notice’
- Discussion forum - The session will provide a forum to discuss how the new Conduct Rules apply to specific roles within firms.
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
10:00am - 1:00pm
10:00am - 1:00pm